Thursday, September 3, 2020

Welcome, Ms. Hullinger, Fraser's New Science Teacher!

 Fraser Clan is excited about the new addition of Erin Hullinger to our clan as our science teacher.  Welcome, Ms. Hullinger - here's to a great year!

                           Hello! I'm Ms. Hullinger and I am so excited about this year. I can't wait to teach 8th grade science. I have worked in the environmental/outdoor education field for many years- most recently, I worked at a nature center in Oregon. There, I taught students of all ages about water chemistry, conservation, biology, ecology, and more. I also helped care for owls, hawks, a 60 year old eagle (!!), and many reptiles and amphibians. I went to the University of Vermont and graduated with a degree in environmental science, and I moved to Bend, Oregon, a couple years later. I moved to Maine in January with my fiance- he worked on ambulances for a long time and is now in nursing school. We are both from the east coast, and are happy to be back closer to our families. We have a dog, Pilot, who is a husky-lab mix. When I'm not teaching, I like to spend time outside, especially while mountain biking, skiing, hiking, and wandering around looking for plants. I also am an artist - I oil paint and make block prints. I hope we can do a lot of creative projects in science class this year. I can't wait to get to know you all! I know this year will be a little strange, and I'm confident we will take the changes in stride and still have a great time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment