Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Meet Mr. Lord - Fraser's New Social Studies Teacher

 Mr. Jason Lord will be joining Fraser Clan as the new social studies teacher.  He spent the 2020 - 2021 school year as a full-time substitute teacher.  Mr. Lord is very familiar with the school and its staff and students.  We are very thrilled to have him as part of our team!

Here is what he has to say about himself:

Welcome to Fraser Clan, I am Mr. Lord and I will be your social studies teacher this year.  Most of you know me from seeing me as a substitute teacher in some of your classes last year.  We will be exploring the periods from Westward Expansion though the Vietnam War into current events.  I look forward to bringing my passion for history to your classroom.      

I live in Saco with my wife, Karen, and black lab, Finneas.  I have a BA in Emergency and Disaster Management from American Military University, and a M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction from Florida Southern College.  Prior to coming to BEMS, I taught 5th grade Social Studies/ELA for two years . I also teach in the EMT program at SMCC.  I retired from the Army in 2018, after 23 years as a combat medic. During my time in the military, I have traveled all over the world and will bring to life some of the topics we will be discussing  as I add real-life knowledge and experiences from my visits to some of the most important historical locations.  

When I am not at school, you can find me running on the road or on a trail, or fishing at a lake or pond, or on a golf course, or at home reading or playing video games or board games. 

I like to have fun in class, so let's make this an amazing 8th grade learning experience.  If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out and we will address them.   







No comments:

Post a Comment